Sunday, February 11, 2007

"Little" black dress

This is it. It is done. And gentle reader; I managed to keep my head gear on for the entire event. That has never happened. I suppose I shouldn't use the term 'little' as there is roughly 5.5 yards of linen in the beast. The elbow looks very wonky in this picture but it really isn't that bad. I think I was standing funny. It was quite comfortable and I did catch a few admiring glances. Melisant pegged the hem length perfectly. I could even climb up and down the bleachers with little or no problem. It was long enough to puddle very prettily when I knealt, but I could stride confidently (surging bat like forward? why yes I think I shall!) when necessary. Plus, nobody stepped on the back that was awesome. Simone actually congratulated me on achieving the look-- which made my whole freaking day. I can only aspire to her greatness. I discovered despite my most sincere attempts to keep the fabric grain all straight, this gown pulls off the right shoulder a little. I suppose period undergarments are a must with this particular cote.


THIS BLOG IS FINISHED. THE END.