Monday, July 24, 2006

Once Upon a Hellhole



Peter says I like small towns at the end of the alphabet. Revisited the hometown this past weekend. Had a wedding that required my presence. Apparently I have "hype" for I was told that I had suceeded in living up to said "hype". At least a hundred times I looked to my darling boy and pleaded with him to "Get me out of here!" I was pleased to see that the Vassar Theatre is glossy shiny and running first run films. MONSTER HOUSE is currently showing. In sharp contrast to Ypsi-- Vassar only had three empty store fronts (Ypsi has 26). My Great Aunt and Uncle are famous in Vassar. They once owned and operated the theatre. I have written short stories about said theatre. It is a huge part of my childhood. I would mourn its loss in previous visits. I am thrilled somebody loves it again. I wanted to take the kids inside, but not as much as I wanted to get away from the town that floated to Frankenmuth.