Monday, July 31, 2006

BorderBaronWarSkirmish



I get confused. My brain resembles a broken CD player. It can without reason, just skip a track. Pete calls the result of my conditon "Dayism". It is a sort of assimilation. If I recall my undergrad psych minor days correctly--test subjects would get shocked when they saw a white fuzzy bunny. They learned to associate the shock with the WFB. THEN when they saw..oh..say a white fuzzy *pussycat* they would freak out in fear of the shock. Generalization maybe the correct term. Regardless--I was under the impression that we would be attending a recent event called Border Skirmish in Northshield. Primarily because I want to live in Northshield so I lurk on their lists and scan their calander like some creepy old man in the row behind you and your kids at the latest Pixar film. I was of course wrong. Please note that back in the day...Magic Johnson was diagnosed with Aids--not Michael Jordan--that one gets a rise outta folks ALL the time. Yes, I was wrong. We were however, in attendance at a different event here in the Middle called Baron Wars which is equally as fun and starts with a "B". The Border Skirmish had a great idea for their A&S Competition which was to combine an aspect from each Kingdom. I came up with the idea to have the dragon and the griffin supporting a sun in splendor (my device blazon). I have found documentation supporting couched beadwork in 14th century France and thus have started what I hope will be a very cool project!