Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Foodiegirl


Yesterday was a happy food day in my world. A.) The NEW Ypsilanti Farmer's Market had some ABFAB nummies. The local produce is starting to get harvested and I got enough beautiful produce for the rest of the week for less than $20 (Family of five omnivores). I met Farmer Sam who is my new hero. He is just the sweetest guy. Those peaches (there are only two left) smell so marvelous. They reminded me when I was kid-- my dad's friend, Benny, stayed at an apartment that had a huge peach tree that grew right next to the house. His apartment was on the second floor and my sister and I would stand on his balcony and easily pluck HOT sun warmed juicey juicey peaches. Two little pigtailed girls in swimmy suits with peach juice running down their chins. One of the better things about living in Michigan is the produce. I get a chuckle out of visiting my friends on the other side of THE LAKE and seeing "Michigan Apples" touted as something special. The blueberries from South Haven will always have a special place in my heart. There is a fond memory. Taking Bear and his pre-school buddies to the beach and buying blueberries along the way. Sunblock, white sand and blueberries for lunch.
There are pics here

homepage.mac.com/wgouine1/PhotoAlbum139.html

B.) While you are there take peek at the ridiculous amazing chocolate ice cream Izzy & I made in the Qweeze. Wow. The right tools and good ingredients. yummmmmmy.