Saturday, September 30, 2006

3D Bear Butt

Nope it's not an a archery butt. The kidlets and I escaped the massive study session that Pete decreed this afternoon. We went to Showcase and watched the Imax version of Open Season. $31 and 99 minutes later we were well entertained. The animation was very good (It was like I could touch the bear's fur, especially when he stuck his big butt in *my* lap but the 3D glasses were a thing.

First of all, the ticket seller made a big scary deal out of which seat we got. Now considering that we were meeting Brooke and the girls I was like okay here's the thing, the girlies need to sit together and they aren't here yet, oh look there they are at the end of the line. I personally think he just wanted to play with his cool software.This is not the first time I have encountered this bizarre behavior in ticket sellers. They think they have some power, some authority. Some small penis thing I guess.

We all got tickets and hustled into the show missed all the trailers (BOOO! my fave part, I always pray for a Harry Potter Trailer or at least today we were hoping for Eragon peeks but nada...) and the place was half empty so we sat where we wanted. Please dear reader, take my advice sit in the very middle of the theatre. If you move your head just a little..your eyes have to totally refocus. I feel for the audience members on the edge of the screen. Very disconcerting, not as bad as my sunburned salmon croquettes and Blair Witch Experience, but sea sick-y just the same.

Eh, the kids had fun and Brooke and I made a date for Black Dahlia on Tuesday! Now there's a flick I want to see!