Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Where to start?

Let's move past the TV film crew. (Yes, Tarrach & Fina and the boys will be profiled on a Learning Channel program this spring. We all had to sign waivers because they filmed practically everything.)

We should pause to consider "the cow"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SigS3JvgrF0

Let us segue beyond the gut wrenching weather. The 12 hours of driving (one way..got to do it again on the way home!) and get right down to it. Pete makes the best coffee in the world!

Gwyneth and Sig are the new king and queen of Northshield. sniff. I am so proud. I hardly saw Gev & Greta. I really missed not seeing Ceri & Tariq also Maddy and Ravenna, but-- to see so many people that I miss so much. Who would have thought so much happy can be in the middle of a cornfield in the appendix of South Dakota? I am still amazed, at every event, how heart burstingly happy I am to be with the people of Northshield. Despite the above average insanity of the past weekend, I would so totally do it all again. When I hear the songs of Northshield being sung or someone call out "DAY!" as they run across a field to swoop me up and spin me around, smiles and kisses and hugs of welcome and warm greeting. It is a very good thing.