Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Bakery

Maybe instead of a children's bookstore I should open a bakery? Thus far, today, "we" have made 36 pumpkin scones with ginger cinnamon glaze, 36 maple apple tarts and the dough for 3 doz tollhouse cookies (w & w/out nutz). I know tollhouse cookies aren't period (Bogdon? are they? No--the chocolate isn't) Tomorrow we bake the cookies and create choc. cherry muffins though I am having a hell of a time finding Jumbo muffin papers. It is starting to piss me off.

The scones were remarkably easy--lo-fat sucks though I shoulda made them with cream instead of skim--but they are nicely punkiny and the glaze is awesome. I made a simple syrup from fresh ginger and while it smelled abfab I was displeased with the color--an odd off greeny yellow..not very pretty. So I pumped it up with cinnamon. PERFECT. Then the stoopid bag thing.Whenever Alton snips the corner off from the ziplock baggie he gets very nice results. I don't! feh. One of these days I need to buy a squirt bottle.