Thursday, September 21, 2006

Solstice Goal

Tomorrow is the Autumn Equinox-- meaning summer is officially over – and there’s a new moon too. AND I met my goal! On Wednesday about 2:20 in the afternoon I hit "save" and glanced down at the word/page count tab--it said 201! I have written 44003 words!
My ultimate goal is to produce 500 pages of narrative fiction based on the time span from King Henry the V's victorious siege of Harfleur, his march to Calais, the subsequent Battle of Agincourt, the Treaty of Troyes, his marriage to Catherine, his death, the birth of H6 and Miranda's voyage to Persia. The manuscript is titled Fealty.

If I started doing research in '04 (an ongoing project at best) and started seriously writing at the end of August '05. I maybe done before Zoli is outta high school! I hereby pronounce my next goal of 100 pages before Winter Solstice. Rah Me!!