Thursday, December 07, 2006

helpful Kifli advice

Please dear friends--do not dance to Shakira's "hips don't lie"-when you are sifting flour! I was having so much fun dancing (keeping the top half still while sifting and shaking the bottom half and of course singing at the top of my lungs) that I only put in half the amount of flour. Spaced out totally. Chilled the inadequate dough (still singing and dancing) rolled out the velvety (I did notice it was awfully smooooth) pastry into a circle. Then I cut out the little triangles and filled them with Raspberry. Baked them--they smelled awesome--took them out and saw that I had--well... um-- they didn't look like this.

In fact they kinda looked like a big melted carmel raspberry sneeze. After laughing at myself and in order to prevent the total waste of ingredients-- I lined the bottom of a round dish with the raspberry tiles--then made a custard to soak the whole thing into a bread pudding kinda concept.
It was pretty good. Calder's milk makes for a kick ass custard.