Sunday, December 17, 2006

Much linen progress

Saturday was a very pleasant day. Took Zoli and his bestest buds to see the new fantasy film Eragon. That was a wonderful thing. Ya gotta love 11 year old boys discussing the differences between a book and the film. I was so proud. THEN I abandoned DH and the houseful of chilldwen and went off to Melisant's garb workshop.

The sewing project/dress (aka the bomb) that this blog is supposedly about is about 90% finished. I can wear it. It is a garment. YAY!!! Once this project is finished and posted, well-- I really feel I need to rename the blog. Linenbomb is about ready to retire.
There was, on Saturday, a HONORABLE fellow workshopper who didn't know the whole god awful story behind this black cotehardie-- I carefully explained (without divulging too much personal info) how the first two incarnations of this dress were so horribly and ineptly manufactured that they looked like they had been bombed. I mentioned the very start of this blog-- and how I kept in touch with my support group and sewing mentor (who all happily reside on the CORRECT side of Lake Michigan) via posting pictures and whining for pats on the head and/or virtual hand holding.

Once again I ask my clever friends for help. WHAT should I rename the blog? I need something witty and clever-- a phrase that is easy to remember. Maybe I'll even enable the comments section this time. But for now--kick around some ideas and email me. Maybe it could be Dazehead --but that seems kinda vain. Oh wait this is a vanity blog isn't it? hmmm maybe something uber clever like Ypsidixit. That is the best blogname ever.Think. Think. Think.