Monday, December 18, 2006

What to my wondering eyes should appear...

I know that I promised not to write about LOST anymore--but you had to know I was lying. I found a thing today. It is the best thing. I was innocently cruising through Toys R Us doing the elfbrand thing when lo and behold what to my surprise,glee and utter delight did I find??
LOST action figures! Oh friends!! I stood there stunned into absolute silence for several minutes. It was a moment-- I had to call Carol for moral support. She understood. She talked me down. At first I was gonna call Sylvia cuz she would *get it* too but she was at work and this was gonna cause much loud laughter--I knew it. I was right.

At first poor Carol thought there was something wrong-- kids--car-- real trauma--her only clue was maybe the heavy breathing and my inablity to articulate. Good thing I didn't call Petey. sheesh. After she deciphered my babbling and stopped her jolly chortling--she realized that they were packaged with little replica props (see Hurley's lotto slip up top) and that I really needed help choosing-- she was there for me! Three purchases were made--NOT all six! I do have some self restraint--not a lot-- but some. It was difficult to decide which three to get. These are done by McFarlane --I mean these are good. At one point I scared all the other shopping mommies right out of the aisle. I had all the figures stacked on the floor around me. I was muttering into the phone, listing all the pros and cons of each figure. I had to check the whole selection. I couldn't find my Sawyer. They had Locke (who is very creepy looking--Kate and Jack (duh) and Charlie!! and Hurley!!--they are supposed to have Shannon but I didn't see her there. No big loss. I have a whole new mission!! Off to ebay!!

intervention request
Is it healthy for a 39 year old woman to collect action figures?
I mean like the comic guys? I Love my action figures. I should post a photo of my "army". But I can't get them all in one shot. I need to do an entry for each of them. *That* could kill some time. I have Shakespeare,Snape, Kevin Smith, Poe, Yoda, Bert, Henry V (papo rocks!), Strider--well, all of the fellowship including Eowyn
I have Joan of Arc--yeah you get the picture. I can't wait for May '07 when MacFarlane will release Season 2 of the Lost figurines--they're gonna make Sawyer. And Mr. Ecko, Jin and Saayid. OH man how freaking cool!