Monday, August 28, 2006

little lavender cote

Reference the name of this blog. yeah. The sewing thing. *HUGE SIGH* It appears that the chilldwen will be accompanying us to South Dakota for Sig and G's coronation in mid September. This is wonderful except that Isabel has NO GARB. To correct myself, she has garb but it is all size 5. She is currently a skinny 8. All coltish legs. She chose some loverly lavender linen at Haberman's. I roughed out a pattern from the one chemise that has an appropriate fit. The gores are the best I have ever done, very swirly and happy. The whole gown should have been completed last Friday. Alas and forsooth we are still lacking sleeves and nicey touches. The reason the sleeves cannot be pronounced 'finished' is because some how-- some way-- one arm is two inches higher than the other one?? GACK. I am fully competetent when one asks for iambic pentameter, cheesecake, long bows, beef brisket. Ask me to research something. I can herd cats. I can change the oil on my car. But freaky darling... I CAN'T SEW!! Thank the goddess Melisant is having a workshop next week. I am gonna get arms on this thing today. It really shouldn't be this difficult!


BAT COUNT= O indoor bats!! Two restful nights of sleep in a row. Tentative answer seems to be found in blocking cold air returns. Our house was built in 1923 by the owner, his dad and his father in law. Many things are not quite square. The placement of the duct work is erratic at best and ancient at worst. We have these wooden grates set into the floor that are composed of 1"X2" rectangles. Very pretty. Very UN bat proof. Pete is gonna pick up some window screen or air filter media today and we shall fun lining the grates tonight!