Friday, November 17, 2006

bloody unitasker



I know Alton says not to buy a gadget that only does one thing. BUT I love cast iron and the concept of cute little corn shaped cornbreads was just too irresistable. SO freaky darlings-- I have this thing. I have used it twice. The first time was a miserable failure. "Self" I said to myself, "Obviously we didn't season this properly." Attempt two went down last night..a little better but the corny muffins still did not just JUMP outta the pan. In an effort to follow my mentor's advice--I preheated the oiled pan in a 425F oven...just like Alton. The results were better but still not camera worthy. Does anybody have one of these things? How do they work? I want to twist it like a ice cube tray, but seems how my femininimum Wonder woman bracelets are at the cleaners--I am kinda at a loss. I need help!