Friday, November 17, 2006

I HEART YPSI!!

What wonderful fun!! Fun for me! Zipped out to the library to pick up a request (if you must know--a Charlaine Harris novel--on advice of my clansister 'Venna") and realized as I turned left onto Michigan Ave to come home, that there was NOTHING stopping me from checking out Ypsi's new store! The parking gods co-operated with a lovely spot up the block and in I went. The ever enticing aroma of fresh popcorn wrapped around me. The guys were so sweet and it was just awesome! I got the tour. Candy, toys and fridge magnets. Ypsi T-shirts and this great little store is DOWNTOWN! Not Depot Town (which I love-- but we need businesses down town. I was thrilled. All sorts of kitsch for boxes to Baldwin and Fargo. PARTY SUPPLIES!! Everybody needs a screaming harpy bendy doll! I replenished our depleted stock of pirate band aids, talked about the children's bookstore I will never be brave enough to open. And just had a super time! Oh I can't wait for everybody to check it out!