Monday, November 20, 2006

sweet tater pancakes

When Gretch & I were down south I tried a new thing--Sweet potato Pancakes. They were fluffy and quite yum-- but being the little foodsnot that I am I couldn't wait to tweak the recipe (which constant reader--you should note--I did not have). The first thing that had to go was the Log Cabin syrup flavored Maple Syrup. I of course needed MICHIGAN PURE Grade A Maple syrup and I thought maybe a little pecan action might be nice. My base recipe for panic cakes and waffles is the back of the bisquick box (course now I often add a little whole wheat flour or just flip over to KRUSTEAZE (tm) whole wheat--but as usual...I digress) My instincts said to take out some moist from the recipe to cover for the sweet tater puree so I left out an egg. Now what was produced was edible, (in fact Zoli edibled three of them)--but the batter was VERY heavy and difficult to flip. Next time I am gonna start from scratch and up the gluten & b.powder quotients--see if we can get fluffier. Does anybody have a tried and true recipe to share??