Sunday, January 07, 2007

Busy lil weekend

This weekend was just a social whirlwind of busy-ness. On Friday I was a guest at the second Ypsi Naked Lady Party. Photos can be seen on the link to your right--very festive. Drank most of a bottle of champagne and brought home less than I took. Which aided both my desire for exciting clothes and less clutter. OH! You don't know what a Naked Lady Party is?? Oh dear one, it is a very good thing. Ya clean out your closet; bring all the goods to the appointed house (with snackies and booze) and everybody picks through the laundry drifts and then whatever doesn't get a new home is donated to a local women's shelter.

At the risk of sounding like a Eric Carle children's book "On Saturday the very happy Daye ate through three strawberries... but she was still hungry" Saturday 12th night. I forgot the camera--which made me sad but I saw lots of people which made me happy. I do like people. Especially Zaynab, I haven't seen quite enough of her. For an interesting twist on the ordinary, Melisant (whom I normally see in mundane clothes snuck up behind me in beautiful French garb and it took me a full second to place her--usually I see somebody in mundanes, try to convince them that they were in one of the classes I taught or we were on a committee together somewhere, but it turns out they are in the SCA. This time my sewing mentor turned the tables. I was the student and she was in garb! We mostly visited with the Viking crew and snickered through court. Rollo shared a very funny line. "The SCA doesn't attract wierd people so much as it retains them." We admired our pretty Prince and Princess and then boogied home because sadly--for me-- feast was sold out. I really wanted to taste the Spanish extravaganza, especially the peach dessert. sigh.

Finally this morning after staring blankly ay teh NYTImes crossword-- (I got about 18 clues) we were happy to cash in our our DIA memebrship and see the 12:30 show of Annie Liebovitz before they packed up all the photos. I was truly moved to tears when I encountered the Nora Jones portrait. I have been a huge fan since we saw her open at the Ark. for Taj Mahal. She is just ethereal.