Monday, October 09, 2006

$1.37 Pashmina shawl

Dude-- I think I out thrifted both Matt and Brooke. In an effort to keep the kids out of the studying doctor's hair we went out and about Saturday afternoon. Went out to Rider's Hobby Shoppee to get Gregor's b-day dice. Then whilst zipping around Ypsi in my "Highly Recognizable" VW bug... We got shut out of the post office ): Missed closing time by an hour. feh. Had to go to Mailboxes etc but got the gift mailed!! (whew) We dumped off Janet Evanovich at the liberry--we journeyed to the Co-op to get milk.

And lo and behold there wasn't anyplace to park said HR vehicle at the Ypsi People's Food Co-op.

Why freaky darlings may ask, Wasn't there a place to park at the Co-op? BECAUSE the overflow lot was filled with people selling shit outta their trunks. Look here to see my fave superhero---GO Mark GO! I am gonna write you in next month!

www.markmaynard.com

YAY!! a Rummage sale!! Wooo HOOO! Then we saw Evan and Luka so the kids cruised the sale while I ducked into the Co-op to get milk. After feeding meters-- I had just enough cash on me to procure a half gallon of discounted 2%. That left me with $1.37. How am I supposed to go to a rummage sale with $1.37?? Well whatever, the kids were on a mission to get to Gordon's candy Store and spend their allowance. We just hustled through the sale without really looking at anything..It was very hard..extremely cool shit, examples?? a kayak! a stoneware pitcher, spiky red zebra heels! (yeah they fit) and (insert drum roll) a real pashmina shawl. Now, ya'll know-- I have wanted one of those damn things for about three years, the only thing I want more than a pashmina shawl is to try blueberry Stoli. And there..like Monty Python's animated Grail, sunlight illuminating it--was a beeutiful pale lavender wrap.
I fondled it. Oh...sigh..so silky and smooth.
I figured she wanted at least $5.
This was karma. I needed this shawl.
I asked her male assistant (whom I hoped wouldn't know pashmina if it came up and bit him) "Combien de?" He obviously understood my brilliantly articulated French and asked the girlie running the trunksale and she said $3. She walked closer to me--I decide to play stoopid. I opened my palm and said..." I have a sweaty dollar and .37 cents". "SOLD!" EEEP! I finally met a goal! *bounce* I achieved Pashmina! Well,it wasn't a Juicy bag but now I could be fashionable! I wore it all day Sunday.
Yay me!!