Wednesday, October 04, 2006

WHO MOVED MY CHEESE??

I own this book.I love Seamus Heaney. I love this poem. It was a no brainer to get it when it came out SIX years ago! I read it. It was good. I put it on the shelf--the one in the dining room. Somebody touched my stuff! I can't find this book. I found Gardner's Grendel. I am getting a little cranky. There are too many people in this house and they all keep touching my stuff. Maybe I should look in Zoli's room-- the chainmail on the cover may have drawn him in. Did I lend to someone? Doesn't anybody understand that when I put something down I expect to NOT move? Look-- I have a movie to contrast with the text. That is what I do. It makes me happy.Come Friday night HOW am I supposed to b&w about the crappy job the screenwriter and Ms. Gunnerson have done if I can't cite the text? I have a rep to uphold here. People are gonna look at me and say--Hey aren't you the litgeek? How did Heaney address the topic of the Grendel's dam?
Honestly, I think Louise Erdrich has this "leave me alone" thing all figured out. She had a separate house down the street from where her kids were. She went there to write. A room of my own (sorry VW) so speak...with big bookshelves and a coffee pot.