Monday, October 23, 2006

mrs. dalloway

rhymes with PUNKIN DAY!

Today begins the prep for the party. Pete ordered the keg. LaBatts! Today I shop. It is MEAT MONDAY! Kassia laughed at how empty the fridge was in prep for this event--It won't be empty this afternoon. I suppose technically Friday should be labeled "Meat Friday" as that is the day Normal Park Neighborhood become scented with the glorious smell emanating from my new ELECTRIC smoker!..ooooh. But I do like the alliteration of Meat Monday. The spice (Galena Street tm) rubbed beef brisket takes all day and I want it done for 6:30 dinner on Saturday-- so it gets cooked the day before. Actually, lots of stuff gets done ahead of time. Anybody wanna help peel potatoes?? The choc. chip punkin cheeesecake also needs to rest in the chillbox overnight -- that too gets prepped early. The only thing actually getting cooked on Saturday is the turkey and the applesauce. I love this party!