Friday, October 27, 2006

pacing

I am trying to avoid peeling potatoes--Haven't quite recovered from the apples yesterday.
So I will babble at you folks--aren't you lucky? Be warned I am on my second pot of coffee.

HINDSIGHT:
Okay,I should have put the thermometer in a little rain poncho baggie thing. I had a battery operated digital therm on the cooler outside so I could be sure the meat stayed COLD. Now I am working with the meat and the therm. is no longer necessary-- but it got rained on-- and was having a little beepy moment--had to perform an emergency battery ectomy. I'm not really a doctor I just sleep with one.

THE NEW SMOKER:
I am not going to turn it down to MED till I see smoke. It has been an hour and the temp gauge is just moving. I think it is very funny that the temp gauge indicate that the outside weather should be 60F. Snort--it is drizzling and 42F.

CHAFER PANS:
I have two half pans..one is totally full of mac&cheese. If I put the prepared taters in the crock pot what should I put in the other half pan? Meat?? No they each get a pretty platter--the apples? too much apples--maybe the saurkraut & sausage?? arrgh-- can't make decisions--I shall rub the turkey with delicious seasonings. That is decisive--as soon as I get my hand under the turkey skin-- the tent boys will show up. I need a sous chef.